This is where you will general find our quarterly meeting minutes and other important announcements
149th Armor Regiment
Minutes of Meeting
Members Present: Charles Newport, Richard Mayeda, Michael McIntosh, Paul Sguil, Emilio Trinidad (and son), Justin Newport, Art Nichols, Felix Charfauros; On Zoom: Bruce Mehringer, Connie Fields and Gary Johnson.
1. Call to Order at 1305hrs by Nichols, Pledge conducted and Roll Call (sign-in).
2. Reading of the minutes from 17 September 2022. Read and approved.
3. Setting the agenda. Honor Flights. Item #
4. Health and Welfare. Bruce visited Bill Clark and reports Bill is declining rapidly. His family is taking care of him at home.
5. Membership Report: Life Members-88, Annual-12, Honorary-8; Total 108. Welcome to New Life member is Ray Bandalan from the Maintenance Section.
6. Treasurer’s Report:
Primary Savings- $25.89; Secondary Savings-$9,024.22;
7. Old Business: 340th BSB will not be holding Family Support or Holiday activities this year and therefore the Regiment need not consider providing support as we have done in recent history.
8. Monterey County Historical Society (MCHS) proposal. James Perry, the curator at MCHS has invited the Regiment to visit the facility in Salinas. Motioned by Justin and seconded Mike that we hold our January meeting at the MCHS facility. Motion passed.
9. Letter of understanding to Normandy (Rose). It was suggested by C. Newport that since we were no longer considering any involvement in maintaining or moving the tank at GOM, a letter to Norman’s daughter laying out our alternatives, (such as devoting the remaining funds solely to scholarships or any other purposed project. Reference item 7, Minutes of 21 September 2013,” Regarding the Donation on behalf of Norman Rose, those funds will be held separately to provide support for the restoration of the tank at the Garden of Memories (Salinas) and a possible scholarship fund.”
A worksheet intended to involve the group in forming the content and major points of the letter was distributed for discussion. The issue was tabled for a future meeting.
10. Scholarship Program. No change.
11. Next meeting: 1300hrs at the MONTEREY COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY on 21 January 2023. The Historical Society is at 333 Boronda Road and West Laurel in Salinas. (Boronda Adobe State Monument). James Perry, the society’s Curator will provide us with a tour of the facility.