This is where you will general find our quarterly meeting minutes and other important announcements
Minutes of Meeting, 16 March 2019
1. Members Present: Michael McIntosh, William Clark, Dan Baptista, Richard Mayeda, Gary Johnson, Art Nichols, John Ceballo, Ray Ortiz, Charles Newport, Felix Charfauros, Carlos Lopez, Jr., Emilio Trinidad, A. Garcia, Justin Newport, Rick Hathaway.
2. Meeting was opened at 1304 hrs by Art Nichols. The Pledge and roll call was conducted.
3. With no changes offered for the agenda, the minutes of the January meeting were read and approved. NOTE: Due to an oversight, the January minutes were not distributed via email. Anyone desiring a copy can contact me at email@example.com.
4. Health and Welfare. Steve Thompson reported as ill.
5. Membership Report. McIntosh report 86 Life and 14 Annual.
6. Treasurer’s Report. Mayeda reported balances of $25.89 Savings; $5,689.67 Checking and $9,019.75 in Special. Newport turned in a claim for $185.61 for materials (matting and photo printing for the Foyer project. This was within the limits previously approved (Item 8, November 2018 minutes).
7. Monitoring M5 Tank maintenance. Copies of the letter sent to the city of Salinas’ Maintenance Director was distributed. McIntosh reported he has not yet received a response.
8. Access to Armory. Complication that have come up in the requirements for the Regiments use of the armory for meetings. These issues come from the USPFO requirements for insurance, cleaning deposits and paid supervision. Newport and Nichols are working toward a solution either with OTAG or the local command. The Battalion Commander has stated his support for the Regiment’s position. Although the Military Order of the Purple Heart have ended their long-standing use of the facilities due to these requirements, we believe there will be resolution satisfactory to the Regiment. It was noted the U.S. Army has recently issued AR 870-21 on the Regimental System. The CAANG has not yet published a supplement to this AR.
9. Contingency planning for our displays. The Monterey County Historical Society responded in the affirmative to our inquiry. (A copy of their email is available).
10. Foyer Project No progress to report.
11. Scott’s Ranch weekend. Maps to the ranch were made available. Currently Gary Johnson, Art Nichols, Ray Ortiz and two guests, John Ceballos and Richard Mayeda are planning to be there.
12. Change of Command. LTC Preston will pass command of the 340th BSB to LTC Jack tomorrow at Soldier’s Field, POM at 1100hr. Members of the Regiment are invited to attend. NOTE: Nichols and Newport did attend. The troops looked good and speeches were short. The view from Soldiers’ Field is spectacular.
13. Nichols discussed advantages of securing VA cards and a CA driver’s license marked as “VETERAN”. Glasses and hearing aids can be secured through the VA. Many discounts, at places like Home Depot, are automatic for veterans.
14. Next Meeting: 18 May 2019, 1300 hrs this location.
15. Adjournment. Nichols adjourned the meeting at 1404hrs.
ANOTHER NOTE: A special thanks was communicated to SSG Orozco in the S-1 shop. Even as he organized the setup of the Bataan Room for the Reception to follow the CofC the following day, he provided us an alternate meeting room and saw to it that we had enough chairs for everyone.