This is where you will general find our quarterly meeting minutes and other important announcements
149th Armor Regiment
Minutes of 15 May Meeting
Members present: Michael McIntosh, Art Nichols, Natividad Osuna Jr., Emilio Trinidad, Bill Gledhill, Bruce Mehringer, Charles Newport, Henry Salas, Justin Newport and Clifford Pitchford.
Members On-line: Connie Fields, Richard Loesch, Greg Marsh, Gary Johnson; Richard Mayeda and Ray Ortiz. Daniel Bapistia
1. Meeting Called to Order 1302 by Nichols; Pledge conducted; Roll by sign-in.
2. Minutes of 20 March 2021 were read and approved.
3. Agenda approved.
4. Health and Welfare: The passing of Lorraine Diaz was observed. Gary Johnson is recovering from back surgery.
5. 340th BSB Activities. Prior to the meeting Major Wade provided a summary of the battalion’s current and passed missions. These included the vaccination effort, support to Food Banks, fighting wildfires, civil unrest (Sacramento June 2020 and troops to D.C. after 06 January 2021). They will be supporting the 2-222 Artillery in Idaho during Annual Training. Needless to say, the 340thhas been very active during the past year.
6. Membership Report: 98 members Life members 78; Annual 11; Honorary 9.
7. Treasurer’s Report: Primary Savings: $25.89; Secondary Savings: $8021.56; Checking: $5250.57.
8. Moreno Legacy. The Regiment will announce and conduct a Silent Auction (probably in conjunction with the BBQ). We need to coordinate with a licensed deal to register the transfer. The buyer will be responsible for the fees involved. This will be a “cash only auction”. Justin Newport volunteered to write up the procedure.
9. Weekend at Mehringer’s Cabin AAR: From the host’ perspective it went very well. The eight guests were able to fish, practice target shooting and enjoy long walks in a beautiful forest setting. Weather was excellent. Bruce reports he is planning host this event next year.
10. Memorial Day Wreath at Garden of Memories (GOM), Salinas. $400 was approved to place a wreath at the M5 Tank and bronze memorial plaque at the GOM. $150 was approved to provide a Memorial Day wreath at SFC McCleary grave at Santa Nella Military Cemetery.
11. Annual BBQ is planned for 7 August 2021. Members toured the facilities in the building just east of the Bn HQ building. This new location had kitchen facilities and an outdoor BBQ space.
12. Items Available for sale at BBQ. A review of materials indicates NCO Coffee cups, NCO thermo mugs, wine glasses, and regimental posters available. Pricing will be moderate.
13. conferencing. Hopefully, we can improve use if this medium). Time: 1300 hrs. Meeting Next meeting: 17 July 2021, Location TBA (Exploring facility on post set up for video; adjourned.