This is where you will general find our quarterly meeting minutes and other important announcements
Minutes of meeting, 20 March 2021
1. Present: Greg Marsh, Art Nichols, Bruce Mehringer, Ray Ortiz, Richard Mayeda, Connie Fields, Gary Johnson, Mark Sharron, Michael McIntosh, Chuck Newport, Clifford Pitchford, Dan Baptista and Richard Loesch.
2. Meeting: called to order, via ZOOM at 1305 and the pledge conducted.
3. The minutes of 16 January 2021 were read and approved (Johnson/Mehringer).
4. Health and welfare: McIntosh reported the passing of COL Eugene Adams on 19 Dec 2020; Gary Johnson reports he is preparing for back surgery around 01 May; Lorraine Diaz was recently hospitalized but has returned home. Gary and Mandy (Rose) phone her weekly.
5. Membership report:
Life: 76, Annual: 13 and Honorary: 9 for a total of 98.
6. Treasurer’s Report:
Primary savings: $25.89,
Special Savings: $8,021.29
7. Moreno Legacy: A review of research to date has not resulted in a clear resolution. Efforts to contact the state agency by letter, phone and email has been of no help. MAJ Greg Marsh has offered to make further inquiries which may prove helpful. Loesch spoke in favor of contributing the items to the Monterey County Historical Society (MCHS) Newport will look into a possible alternative with the MCHS. Greg Marsh offered his services in identifying the critical requirement to resolve the issue. Nichols has tried to contact Joe’s daughter and will continue to try.
8. Outing at Bruce’s Cabin (30 April-02 May). Bruce Mehringer reviewed the costs based on attendance ($35 for Friday – Sunday, $15 for Saturday only). He then confirmed the members and guests who have indicated attendance. Looks to be about 12. Additional members who also wish to attend should contact Bruce directly (consult your roster for phone number).
9. Annual BBQ. Given current projections regarding the pandemic, we will begin making plans for the Regimental BBQ on 07 August 2021 at Bataan Conference Center, 140 COL Durham street, Seaside. More info by the May meeting.
10. Individual Stories project. Connie Fields was asked by Art Nichols about progress on her collection of stories by individuals in the regiment. Connie is looking for your stories from your Guard experience and beyond. We have a lot of interesting members; step up and support this request.
11. Next Meeting. 15 May 21, Expected to be held at the Bataan Conference Center 140 Col. Durham St, Seaside CA 1300 (see #9 above). The practicality of combining ZOOM attendance in that meeting will be explored.
12. Meeting adjourned 1407hrs.