This is where you will general find our quarterly meeting minutes and other important announcements
149th Armor Regiment
140 COL DURHAM STREET, SEASIDE, CA. 93955
Minutes of 17 July 2021
Members Present: Michael McIntosh, Paul Saguil, Felix Charfauros, Justin Newport, Richard Mayeda, Natividad Osuna,Jr., Arthur Nichols and Charles Newport. Attending via Zoom: Gary Johnson, Dan Baptista, Felipe Davila and Richard Loesch.
1. Meeting was called to order by Nichols; Pledge was conducted, and Roll established.
2. Minutes of 15 May meeting were approved.
3. Health and Welfare: Joe Moreno’s condition is critical and getting worse.
4. Membership Report:
Life: 80, Annual: 11, Honorary: 8, total : 99. McIntosh distributed updated membership list
5. Treasurer’s Report:
Savings: $25.89, Checking: $5,845.57, Secondary Savings: $9,021.83. McIntosh submitted claim to cover envelopes and postage for BBQ flyers.
6. Newport explained why the Memorial Day wreath for the G.O.M. did not happen.
7. Preparations for BBQ (7 August) included serving arrangements in” Suite C” and location of BBQ (on the north side of “Suite C”. Newport will send sketch to McIntosh. The price of $2 was set for mugs and wine glasses ad $30 for Heritage Posters
8. The procedure for the auction was discussed. Basically, bids will be made from 10:00 to 12:00, closing at 12:00. Buyer will have 10 days to make payment (to the Treasurer). The Adjutant will coordinate a time and date to meet with the LFD (Licensed Firearms Dealer) and the new owner, completing all requirements for registration. Note: There will be a waiting period for the application to clear. The buyer will cover all handling fees to the LFD and the state. Out of state members will cover the costs of physical transfer from the local LFD to a LFD near the member. Additional questions on the mechanics of the bidding will be fielded from 0900-1000 on 07 August.
9. MAJ Wade (XO, 340th BSB) has requested some “action photos” from our collection. Several possible photos were laid out and those present were asked to help with names and probable dates of the photos as well as make suggestions as to which best represented the regiment.
10. Next meeting: 18 September 2021, Same location, 1300hrs. Adjourned 1354.
By now you know the BBQ was cancelled and a new date will be set. We send our regards to all members; stay well. --Newport