This is where you will general find our quarterly meeting minutes and other important announcements
Minutes of Meeting,21 May 2022
Members Present: Richard Mayeda, Art Nichols, Chuck Newport, Natividad Osuna, Jr., Clifford Pitchford, John Fernando, Mike McIntosh and Justin Newport.
Attending Via Zoom: Bruce Mehringer, Dan Baptista, Gary Johnson, Paul Saguil, Ray Ortiz and Brian Bradshaw.
1. Meeting called to Order at 1304 by HRC Nichols; Pledge conducted, and Sign-in roll Sheet passed.
2. The Minutes of 19 March 2022 were read and approved.
3. Agenda set and approved.
4. Health and Welfare: HRSM Gary Johnson is scheduled for an operation 1 June; Best wishes were expressed.
5. Membership Report: McIntosh reported total membership at 103; 82 Life, 13 Annual and 8 Honorary Members.
6. Treasurer’s Report: HRT Mayeda reported balances as follows: Primary Savings $25.89, Secondary Savings of $9,023.32 and checking $7,205.75. He also asked for any expenses incurred by members; no claims made. He did indicate the cost of the regiment’s web site is already approved.
7. Comments on Weekend (Apr 29-May 01) at Bruce’s Cabin. All attendee offered laudatory remarks. The range has been improved, the fish were large and the meals delicious. Sympathy was expressed for those who misses this outing. Bruce M. commented that he can now call out from the cabin and described the procedure. Many thanks to our host.
8. Facebook’s 149th Armor’s “Regimental Room”. The State Military Museum has set up a program of establishing virtual Regimental Rooms and there have been some photos already posted to the virtual 149th Armor’s “Regimental Room”. Since we have no control over what is posted, nor who posts it, we will give this project some study regarding how to proceed. Share your thoughts at the next meeting.
9. Scholarship Update: HRSM Johnson reported that Tyler Mehringer, a graduate of Santa Catalina High School will be awarded this year’s scholarship. It was also stated that the size of the scholarship has changed from $500 to $1000.
10.Preparations for BBQ (06 August). During the July meeting we will assemble the items (mugs, wine glasses, etc.) to be closed out during the BBQ/ Reunion. McIntosh reports the large BBQ grill is still in place and sufficient wood remains on site, will need access suite C.
11.Membership in Camp Roberts Museum. McIntosh pointed out that we have the application form for individual or group membership. No action was taken.
12.Junior Osuna commented he would welcome help in the flag project at Garden of Memories. The American Legion Post 31 and VFW participate in the placing of Flags at the cemetery on Memorial Day. It is labor intensive, both in placement and the take down phases. Will bring this up at the mar 2023 Meeting for anyone interested in helping next year MAJ Osuna will be the POC
13. HRC Nichols adjourned the meeting at 1400hrs. Next meeting is 16 July, 1300hrs; same location.