This is where you will general find our quarterly meeting minutes and other important announcements
149th Armor Regiment
Minutes of Meeting, 17 September 2022
Members present: Art Nichols, Richard Mayeda, Mike McIntosh, Charles Newport; Members on Zoom: Paul Saguil and Justin Newport.
1. Meeting Called to Order 1303 by Nichols; Pledge and attendance taken (sign-in).
2. Reading if minutes of 16 July meeting read and approved.
3. The agenda set as published.
4. Health and Welfare: Vern Snodderly is in Texas looking after his brother. Bill Clark has returned home with his daughter and son; Gary Johnson is reported “OK”.
5. Membership Report. McIntosh reports four new Life members: SSG Dewin Borling, SFC Dennis Martinez, SPC Antonio Navaro and SFC Jose Perez.
Total membership is 107 (Life 87, Annual 12, and Honorary 8).
6. Treasurer’s report: Mayeda reported
Primary Savings of $20.89
Secondary Savings $9,023.92
Reimbursement of $159.89 to Justin Newport of Zoom subscription was moved and approved. Reimbursement of $913.35 to Mike McIntosh for BBQ
7. Results of BBQ/Reunion: There were 57 attendees. However less than half responded to the RSVP (25/57). Furthermore, the 20-25 340thmembers expected to be on duty did not materialize. The uncertainty of the anticipated headcount resulted in preparation of too many meals. However, the event produced $591.65 profit.
8. The new facility worked out very well and the timing of the meal and scholarship presentation worked out very well. As always, it was with great pleasure to see several familiar faces, for instance Bernie Salgado (Oregon), Dave Brock (Virginia) and Tim Hodgson (Sacramento). The preparation of the dining room by the full-timers (led by SFC Boatwright, SPC Rose) was greatly appreciated.
9. Suggested items for discussion at next meeting: (1) There is rumor afoot that the 340th may be moved out of the Monterey area. We should be ready to respond if another unit is not to be located here. (2) An inquiry should be made as to any social events or Family Support activities over the holidays by the 340th. We normally support such events with a sizable donation but in the past notice of the events has been short fused.
10. Newport will inquiry and report back. (3) A review of the Scholarship program. Anyone wanting the written program should contact Gary Johnson prior to the next meeting.
11. Next meeting 19 November 2022, 1300hrs, 340thHQ.
12. Meeting adjourned by Art Nichols, 1347hrs